Saturday, January 31, 2009

Progress

One month into the new year, I think I am about 1 and a half resolutions into my five crafty resolutions. This week, on the same day I broke 100 sales and 400 hearts on Etsy. Selling 100 things before March was one of my goals, it felt good to do. Maybe I will try to sell 200 things in my second year on Etsy. It might be a little dangerous picking a resolution that is partly out of my hands. I can make all the cards I want, but I can't necessarily make a horse drink.

I think I will work through The Etsy Seller Handbook to see if there is anything I can do to attract customers or improve my shop. This ties in to one of my other resolutions, reorganizing my shop. That is my half. I have re-photographed some items, made a sale section, and as some listings expire, I will make some other small changes.

I think I will also have a crazy sale to celebrate my 1 year anniversary on Etsy in March, I will keep you posted. For now I am off to some of my favorite places - York, ME and Portsmouth, NH.

3 comments:

Laura said...

congrats! theres so much to read on etsy, its one of my goals too. have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You have a beautiful store with great stuff and deserve the success.

Plus, you work hard!

paper wren said...

Thank you both! Etsy is a sea of good information and friendly, helpful people.