Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama!

No, I am not in DC getting ready for an inaugural ball. But today made me wistfully remember April of 07 when I saw Obama speak in Boston and got to shake his hand. Twice. I am really tall and so is he so we shook hands over a mass of crushed undergrads. I caught him at the beginning of the line and then one more time for good luck at the end of the line. This is a photo I took during my encounter.

Today was amazing. At work I helped organize a pizza/viewing party. The internet was overloaded and so we ended up listening 1930's style around a radio. I made some truly patriotic cupcakes for the occasion.

I have never been so proud of this country or so hopeful for the future. Hearing the national anthem was more meaningful today than ever before. Now let's get to work!

---------------------------------
PS- Be sure to read Skinny laMinx's post about Shine-Shine's commemorative Obama cloth. I followed a link from that post to another commemorative cloth posting of hers and learned a lot about the tradition of African commemorative cloths in politics. Very cool and very interesting. Thanks Skinny laMinx!

No comments: