Friday, August 8, 2008

Adventures of Maisie Dobbs

I have been doing more reading than crafting, I read the third Maisie Dobbs book in about 24 hours. It is one of a series of mystery books set in England between WWI and WWII, and I initially started reading them solely because of the gorgeuos covers. This is the first cover that got my attention. They are fun, light, and as my mother-in-law calls them, "potato chip books." There is some ambiguity - the characters and their actions are in shades of grey, but everything is neatly tied up at the end of each book, as it should be. Sometimes you need a happy ending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i also picked up these books because of the covers and now i'm hooked on the stories. i heard they're going to be made into a series. i hope they do the books justice. cute, quick reads!