Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back to the Fuller

Over the weekend I went back to the Fuller Craft Museum with my husband and his parents to see the rest of the exhibitions. I knew my mother-in-law would appreciate the Xenobia Bailey exhibit and the teapot exhibit as well. My husband and father-in-law weren't as excited about the prospect as we were, but both came away pleasantly surprised and I even heard the phrase "crochet is cool" uttered by one of them.

These are a few of my favorite teapots from the exhibit, Fantasy Teapots from the Arthur Goldberg Collection. Unfortunately I did not write down the artists' names...


More Xenobia Bailey...


We all fell in love with Gina Kamentsky's exhibit Mechanical Confections. All of her creations had such life and character. Not to mention they were all perfectly named. Below are Radio Man, Chicken is the Life of You, and another whose name I cannot remember. Other favorites were Bollywood Math Problem, Say “W” and Cat Toy Dispenser. Check out her website for video and photos.

No comments: