Thursday, July 17, 2008

Art in the Park - Worcester

I went to a great public art exhibit tonight in Elm Park in Worcester, which was organized by the Worcester Cultural Commission among others. All of the art was really high quality. These are two of my favorite pieces. The first is Tidal Project (Floating in Mere Pond) by Worcester artist Lynn Simmons. The second is C.M.Y. by Natick artist Linc Cornell.

I also learned about a huge arts festival that will take place in September called stART on the street, which I hope to check out.


I always like going back to Worcester to visit my old haunts from my brief time living there. It is a relatively vegetarian friendly city. I got a black eyed pea and rice salad at Living Earth and then was surprised to find Buddha Hut, and offshoot of my old favorite Quan Yin selling delicious vegetarian Chinese food at the concert at the Park. So I had dinner number two. I left with a belly full of food and art. Not a bad night all in all.

No comments: